Financial Services for Pro Athletes
Jim Rasberry is registered with the National Football League Player Association (NFLPA) Registered Player Financial Advisor Program.
The idea for the Financial Advisor Registration Program came from the players themselves. It was created to provide players with an additional layer of protection - not just from poor financial advice, but also from outright fraud. The principal intent of the Program is to benefit the players themselves.
All financial advisors must have appropriate professional qualifications to be eligible to participate and pass a background investigation. The eligibility requirements for advisors include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of licensed experience (qualifying licenses include FINRA series licenses, Attorney, CPA or an insurance license).
- Minimum of $4 million of insurance coverage, through professional liability, errors & omissions or a fidelity bond.
- No civil, criminal or regulatory history related to fraud.
- No pending customer complaints or litigation at the time of application.
- Must not maintain custody of player funds unless deemed a qualified custodian.
The NFLPA makes no recommendations or endorsement of any Registered Financial Advisor. It is up to you, the player, to determine the best fit when it comes to working with a financial advisor.
We are proud to be located in South Mississippi. And while we may be closer to Main Street than Wall Street, we offer the tools to help provide you with a financial strategy that is understandable, transparent, performance focused and built to weather financial storms that may arise.